Friday, April 06, 2012

Easter

The basket hangs on a coat hanger in the hall closet. There is no room for it.  Why I kept it, I am not sure.  I did not want to be wasteful and must have thought I would resuse it.  I haven't.  It is a nice basket.  Not fancy, but certainly reusable. 

Once full of jelly beans, peeps, chocolate eggs.   I don't really remember, but I am pretty sure.  Some things never change. Maybe if I looked through old emails I would remember how we spent the day. I don't want to have to piece it together via email. I shouldn't have to. I should remember.  It hurts to not remember.  But I guess that is what I deserve - for not remembering.

I think I received it last year.  But it might have been from the year before.  I am not sure.  Why don't I remember?  I should remember.  If I had planned, I could have filled it and given it to Dad this year - or at least put it out as decoration.  But I didn't.  So now the empty basket hangs in the closet, for me to see every time I reach for and hang up a coat.

It's the last basket.  And while I may never reuse it.  I will never let it go. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home